Item Number 52072
Mfg. Part Number 3003377-205
Purina® Layena® layer feed provides all 38 nutrients laying hens need once they’re 18 weeks old and laying eggs. Feeding Purina® Layena® to your hens provides you with delicious and nutritious eggs that your family and community can enjoy. The exclusive Purina® Oyster Strong® System strengthens eggshells with added calcium from oyster shells, Vitamin D and manganese. Our pellets are wholesome and balanced, supporting reproductive and overall health with no need to supplement.
Purina® Layena® Layer Feed is available in pellets or crumbles. Pellets and crumbles include the same nutrition, so choosing between the two is a personal preference. Pellets are a great way to limit feed waste.
Purina® Layena® pellets and crumbles are available in 10 lb., 25 lb., 40 lb. and 50 lb. bags.
Features & Benefits
Added Marigold Extract
For rich yellow yolks — A high level of xanthophyll, a coloring agent derived from marigolds, produces deep yellow egg yolks
Balanced and Complete Formula
* Freshly-ground grains from North American Farms
* Calcium, manganese and trace minerals for strong shells
* Fortified with vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids
Calcium, Manganese and Trace Minerals
Essential Amino Acids
Enhanced with lysine and methionine to give birds the nutrients they need to produce plenty of wholesome and delicious eggs. Also promotes beautiful feathering.
Key Levels of Vitamin A, D, E
Strong reproduction and overall health — A high level of Vitamin A helps birds grow into healthy adult birds
Prebiotics, Probiotics and Yeast
Supports immune and digestive health
Research-Backed High Quality Formulation
Wholesome nutrition you can trust to provide the very best for your poultry
Rich in Antioxidants and Optimized Levels of Vitamin E
Supports a healthy immune system — A high level of Vitamin E helps birds maintain a robust immune system
• No artificial by-products or fillers added
• No artificial preservatives added
• No antibiotics or growth hormones added
Optimum nutrition for healthy birds and delicious eggs
Your assurance of quality – It’s nutrition you can trust — our guarantee that this is the very best feed for your poultry
1. Feed Purina® Layena® free-choice as the sole ration to laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and fancy and exotic breeds) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
2. Purina® Layena® can be fed to adult female chickens of laying age.
3. Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
4. Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area free from rodents and insects. Never use moldy or insect-infested feed.
A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices. Actual results can vary depending upon feed intake, environmental conditions and the quality of management practices.