Your Price $24.49
Item Number 0045854
Mfg. Part Number 0045854
Purina® Miniature Horse and Pony horse feed is specifically formulated to meet the unique needs of miniature horses and ponies who tend to be more metabolically efficient than large horses, but still require the nutrition necessary for growth, gestation, lactation, breeding and competition.
Features & Benefits
Added Beet Pulp
Provides an excellent source of fermentable fiber for slow release energy
Designed to be fed with hay or pasture
Controlled Sugar and Starch
May help reduce the risk of adverse health effects caused by the management error of overfeeding
Highly Digestible Ingredients
Provide nutrient density and support proper digestion
Premium formulation made with the highest-quality ingredients
With a desirable amino acid profile to support strong muscle growth, shiny coat and healthy hooves
Provides 100% of the required nutrients for mini horses and ponies when fed as directed so no additional supplements are necessary
Based on “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition–2007” published by the National Research Council
Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget
A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for an optimal fatty acid profile to support strong immune function
* Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate and activity level. Feed at regular times - at least twice daily with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position from troughs with large bottoms, placed at normal head height or lower. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
* Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
* Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
* Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
* Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse's teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
* Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
* Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death.